Thai Style Turkey Burgers
Thai Style Turkey Burgers are my all time favourite BBQ treat. They are lighter and healthier than beef burgers and have fresh flavours of ginger, lemon, garlic and coriander. They are so delicious served on a bun with sweet chilli sauce (instead of ketchup) and rocket or watercress.
This is a very easy recipe which can be made a day in advance and left to chill in the fridge (this helps them keep their shape while cooking). If all the ingredients are at room temperature before you mix them it will save your hands getting cold!
Why not try them at your next BBQ? A guilt free burger at only 120 calories!
Thai Style Turkey Burgers: Makes 6 large burgers:
15 mins prep + 16-18 mins cooking
77p per burger*
120 per burger*
For the burgers:
- 500g lean turkey mince
- 1 red chilli (or half if you're not keen on heat)
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped (around 30g)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Thumbsize piece fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 slice of white bread, torn up
- 1 lemon, juice and finely grated zest of
- Burger buns
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Watercress, rocket or other salad
- To make the burgers, place all the ingredients (preferably at room temperature) in a large bowl. Remove any rings you have on and use your hands to mix everything together really well. When everything is really well combined, split the mince into 6 even pieces and shape each of them into burger patties. Place them on a plate, cover with clingfilm and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes until you are ready to cook.
- Cook the burgers on a BBQ or under a grill for 8-9 minutes per side until cooked through but not dry. Serve on a warm bun with sweet chilli sauce and salad. Divine.
More Easy Budget Recipes
*burger only without bun, sauce or salad