Courgette and Cheese Muffins
Courgette and cheese muffins are really quick and easy to make, and great to make with kids. They are perfect for taking on a picnic and they make a great savoury snack for children. You can also have them for lunch with a little salad.
Courgette and Cheese Muffins: Makes 12 Muffins:
10 mins prep + 20 mins baking
14p per muffin
207 per muffin
- 200g self-raising white flour
- 100g self raising wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch dried thyme or other dried herbs (optional)
- 80g grated medium cheddar cheese
- 1 small courgette, grated (about 100g)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 210ml milk
- 90ml vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp chopped chives (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- Preheat the over to gas mark 6 / 200 C. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Combine the flours, grated cheese, baking powder and dried herbs in a large bowl.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in another bowl or large jug. Make a well in the centre of the 'dry' ingredients and pour in the 'wet'. Using a blunt knife, stir until just combined. Do not over mix or you will get tough muffins.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin cases. Bake for 20 - 30 minutes until risen and golden.
More Easy Budget Recipes