These cherry and almond muffins are so easy to make and taste absolutely delicious. Fresh or frozen cherries work well in this recipe. Sprinkle them with flaked almonds before you pop them in the oven for extra crunch. If you like cherry bakewell you'll enjoy these.
Easy Cherry and Almond Muffins: Makes 6 (easily doubled):
Time: 15 mins prep + 25 mins baking
Cost: 19p per serving
Calories: 253 per serving
- 175g self raising flour, sifted
- 55g caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 50g melted butter
- 1 medium egg, whisked, at room temperature
- 100ml milk at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon natural almond extract
- 85g fresh or frozen cherries, pitted and halfed
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds to decorate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 / 190 / 170 fan.
- Line a 6 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place the flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- In another bowl or jug, mix the butter, egg, milk and almond extract.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.
- Fold the mixture together carefully using a metal spoon until just combined.
- Add the cherries and stir again gently to distribute evenly.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the paper cases and sprinkle over the flaked almonds.
- Bake for around 25 minutes until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- Transfer onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
More easy baking recipes