These easy quesdillas are not only great for using up leftover turkey, but also leftover cranberry sauce, blue cheese and even stuffing. They make perfect boxing day food as they are delicious and ready in minutes. All you need apart from your leftovers is a packet of tortilla wraps.
Flipping quesadillas in the pan can be a bit of a fiddly job. The easiest way I have found to do this is by placing a plate upside down on top of the quesadilla in the pan, then holding the plate with one hand and the pan handle with the other, then turn the whole thing upside down. Your quesadilla with be toasted side up on the plate. Carefully slide the quesadilla off the plate into the pan to toast the other side.
It's much easier to strip a turkey carcass straight after Christmas dinner. Your leftovers will be all ready for you to use the following day. Check out British Turkey for more fantastic leftover turkey recipes to help you make the most of your roast.
Leftover Turkey, Cranberry and Stilton Quesadillas: Serves 6-8:
Time: 10 mins prep + 10 mins cooking
Cost: 69p per serving*
Calories: 458 per serving*
*based on 6 servings without stuffing
- 8 tortilla wraps
- 8 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 300g leftover turkey, chopped
- 150g stilton (or other blue cheese) crumbled
- Some leftover stuffing, chopped (optional)
- Spread the cranberry sauce evenly over four of the tortilla wraps. Distribute the leftover turkey, stilton and stuffing (if using) over the cranberry sauce in an even layer.
- Place the remaining four wraps on top of the turkey, stilton and cranberry filling and press each one down gently to make a thin even sandwich.
- Heat a large frying pan (with no oil) and toast each of the quesadillas lightly for around a minute on each side. Cut each quesadilla into 6 slices, like a pizza, and serve.
More Easy Budget Recipes
This is a sponsored post. Words, opinions and photographs are my own.