I rarely use pre-made spice mixes, but I like these flavour shots from Schwartz. They are a blend of spices infused in oil, so very convenient. I've used the Spanish Smoked Paprika Chicken twice now, and each time the food has been really delicious.
This chicken and chorizo gratin recipe is easy and delicious. It's packed with veg so it only needs some crusty bread on the side. A fresh crispy green salad in the warmer months is a great accompaniment. In winter this would be great with some mashed potato.
This is a recipe I tweaked from Schwartz. I try to cut out saturated fat whenever I can so I just reduced the chorizo, left the cheese out of the breadcrumb and cheese topping and increased the veg.
Chicken & Chorizo Gratin: Serves 4:
Time: 10 minutes prep 35 mins cooking
Cost: £1.64 per serving (flavour shot RRP £1.40)
Calories: 304 per serving
For the gratin:
- 1 Schwartz Flavour Shots Spanish Smoked Paprika Chicken
- 50g sliced chorizo cut into match sticks
- 400g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 150ml water
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 2 courgettes, halved and sliced
- 2 peppers (preferably red and yellow) diced
- 50g dry breadcrumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 200˚C, 400˚F, Gas Mark 6.
- Spoon the Flavour Shot, chorizo and chicken into a pan, cook on a medium heat for 7-8 minutes, until browned.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish using a slotted spoon (so the oil stays in the pan) and set aside. Add the onion and fry for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Add the tomato purée and cook for 1 minute. Stir in courgette, pepper, chopped tomatoes and water. Bring to the boil, transfer to the ovenproof dish with the chicken and stir.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and bubbling. This is really delicious just served with crusty bread. As it contains so much veg it doesn't really need anything else, but you could serve with a green salad if you like.
This post is in association with Schwartz