Three Ingredient Thai Turkey Burgers
I was recently sent a selection of Gourmet Garden products so I could enter a recipe into their Blog Off Cook Off competition. I have never bought their products before (which are essentially blended fresh herbs and spices in an easy to use tube) and was very impressed with them. Sometimes I buy fresh herbs and spices but they go soft before I get a chance to use them. The Gourmet Garden tubes last for weeks in the fridge and they really do taste fresh. They are perfect to use in the week when you might not have the time to chop chillies, crush garlic or mince ginger.
I was partially impressed with the Thai Spice Blend. You get all the delicious fresh and zingy Thai flavours in a simple squeeze. I was quite dubious at first to be honest, but it really is a great product which saves you both time and money. Plus it really tastes authentic - just like you have chopped up all those herbs and spices yourself by hand. I kid you not.
Using the Thai Spice Blend, I gave my favourite burgers a makeover and here we have Three Ingredient Thai Turkey Burgers. Simply combine the Thai Spice Blend with turkey mince and a slice of bread and you have a delicious, light and healthy meal in minutes. You can make 4 large or 6 smaller burgers. Serve them on fresh bread rolls with sweet chilli sauce and rocket.
Three Ingredient Thai Turkey Burgers: Makes 4 big burgers:
Time: 5 mins hands on time + 16-18 mins cooking time
Cost: £1.17 per serving*
Calories: 156 per serving*
*based on 4 big burgers only without bun, salad or sauce
For the burgers:
- 500g lean turkey mince
- 1 slice of bread, soaked in water and then squeezed out well
- 50g Gourmet Garden Thai Spice Blend (about 2 level tablespoons)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Burger buns
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Watercress, rocket or other salad
- Mix the turkey mince, bread and Thai Spice Blend together in a large bowl until everything is really well combined. Shape into 4 to 6 evenly sized burger patties.
- Place them on a plate, cover with clingfilm and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes until you are ready to cook.
- Cook the burgers on a BBQ or under a grill for 8-9 minutes per side until cooked through. Serve on warm buns with sweet chilli sauce and salad.
More easy budget recipes
Disclaimer: I was sent a selection of Gourmet Garden products so I could enter their Blog Off Cook Off competition.