Mozzarella Stuffed Italian Herb Turkey Burgers
Here's a tasty yet easy recipe for the BBQ, Mozzarella Stuffed Italian Herb Turkey Burgers. Herby, juicy turkey burgers with a melting mozzarella centre, they look impressive and taste delicious but are so easy to make.
I was inspired by Phil Vickery's Gruyere Stuffed Turkey Burgers when I made these. I've used his clever trick of adding mayo to the mince which keeps it moist. Check out more of Phil's brilliant turkey recipes on the British Turkey website.
Mozzarella Stuffed Italian Herb Turkey Burgers: Makes 5:
Time: 10 mins prep, 30 mins chilling, 10-12 mins cooking
Cost: 87p per burger*
Calories: 224 per burger*
*burger only, based on 5 burgers
- 500g turkey thigh mince
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 100g mozzarella cheese, cut into 5 slices
- Put the turkey mince, herbs and mayonnaise in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Add the breadcrumbs, season with salt and pepper and mix again so the breadcrumbs are evenly distributed.
- Split the mixture into 5 evenly sized balls and flatten to make a burger shape. Place a small slice of mozzarella on top, close the mince mixture over the cheese and reform into a burger shape with the cheese in the centre.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Grill or BBQ the burgers for 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked through and serve on ciabatta with salad and relish.
This is a sponsored post