Creamy Bacon and Cherry Tomato Pasta
If you need to cook for a small group of people quickly, this Creamy Bacon and Cherry Tomato Pasta is perfect. Requiring only 4 ingredients it's ready in just 15 minutes making this an easy budget recipe that will suit any large impromptu lunch time gathering.
Keep a tub of soft cream cheese with garlic & herb in the fridge as it's just perfect for this recipe and a brilliant shortcut (saves fiddling with fresh garlic if you're in a hurry). As this dish is fairly inexpensive to make it justifies splashing out on cherry tomatoes, which give extra sweetness. The supermarkets sell large boxes of cherry tomatoes now available all year round which are perfect for this dish.
This dish has been tested on six hungry kids and four hungry mummies who all enjoyed it. Please see the picture at the end for evidence :)
Creamy Bacon and Cherry Tomato Pasta: Serves 6-8:
Time: 15 mins
Cost: 88p per serving*
Calories: 527 per serving*
*based on 6 servings
- 600g fusilli pasta (or any pasta)
- 8 rashes bacon, chopped and fat removed
- 650g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 250g light soft cream cheese with garlic & herbs
- Fresh chives to serve (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- A little oil for frying
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- While the pasta is cooking, fry the bacon in a little oil until just cooked over a medium heat. Increase the heat and add the tomatoes. Stir frequently increasing the heat until they are seared all over but not mushy.
- Drain the pasta saving some of the cooking water. Return the pasta to the pan and add the soft cheese. Stir well until the cheese has coated all of the pasta. Use a little of the cooking water to loosen the cheese to help coat the pasta if it seems a bit thick.
- Add the bacon and tomatoes. Stir until evenly combined. Serve with fresh chives if you like.
Read more easy budget recipes