Easy Gingerbread Men
Budding chef, two and a half year old Grace, shows us how easy it is to make these tasty Gingerbread Men biscuits. Perfect to share with your buddies.
Easy Gingerbread Men: Makes around 20:
Time:15 mins prep + 30 mins chilling + 10-15 mins baking
Cost:9p per biscuit
Calories:112 per biscuit*
*Based on 20 gingerbread men
- 350g plain flour
- 2 level teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 level teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100g butter
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg, whisked
- 4 tablespoons of golden syrup
- Zest of half an orange (optional)
- Currants to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / gas 4.
- Rub the flour, ginger, cinnamon and butter in a bowl between your fingers to make breadcrumbs. Mix the sugar into the breadcrumbs and orange zest if using.
- Make a little hole in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg and golden syrup. Mix well until you make a smooth dough.
- Pop dough into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes so it becomes firm for rolling and cutting.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface. Use cutters to cut out little Gingerbread Men. Roll up the scraps of dough and repeat until all the dough is used up. Press currants into the biscuits to make eyes and buttons.
- Arrange biscuits on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the biscuits feel firm when lightly pressed with a fingertip. Allow them to cool and share with a buddy.
Read more easy budget recipes