Easy Gingerbread Men
Easy Gingerbread Men:
- Makes: around 20:
- Time: 15 mins prep + 30 mins chilling + 10-15 mins baking
- Cost: 9p per biscuit
- Calories: 112 per biscuit
- 350g plain flour
- 2 level teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 level teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100g butter
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg, whisked
- 4 tablespoons of golden syrup
- Zest of half an orange (optional)
- Currants & white icing to decorate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / gas 4.
- Rub the flour, ginger, cinnamon and butter in a bowl between your fingers to make breadcrumbs. Mix the sugar into the breadcrumbs and orange zest if using.
- Make a little hole in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg and golden syrup. Mix well until you make a smooth dough.
- Pop dough into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes so it becomes firm for rolling and cutting.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface. Use cutters to cut out little Gingerbread Men. Roll up the scraps of dough and repeat until all the dough is used up. Press currants into the biscuits to make eyes and buttons.
- Arrange biscuits on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the biscuits feel firm when lightly pressed with a fingertip.
- Allow them to cool and decorate with currants and white icing if you like.
Quick & Easy, Baking and Sweet Stuff, RecipesFilipa KayBaking, Christmas, Easter, Kids, biscuits, cookies, easy recipes, gingerbread, gingerbread men, Christmas Baking, Cooking with kids1 Comment