Roasted Red Onions and Cherry Tomatoes
An impressive looking yet easy side dish which is great with roast chicken or meats. The flavours of the red onion & tomatoes complement balsamic vinegar perfectly.
Roasted Red Onions and Cherry Tomatoes: Serves 4 - 6
Time: 5 mins prep time + 20 mins roasting
Cost: 42p per serving*
Calories: 105 per serving*
*based on 6 sharing
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- 3 medium red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 cloves garlic, un peeled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh basil to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / gas mark 6.
- Arrange the cherry tomatoes, red onion wedges and garlic in one layer in a roasting dish or ovenproof dish. Drizzle over the vinegar and oil. Sprinkle over the basil and add the bay leaves. Season to taste.
- Roast in the oven for around 20 until golden. Spoon some of the sauce from the dish over the tomatoes when serving.
Read more easy budget recipes