Sweet Potato Wedges
Sweet potato wedges are easy to make, delicious and low in fat. They make a great side dish or you can serve them with salsa or houmous for a healthy but satisfying snack. They are quite moreish so it's always worth making a few extra if you're feeling hungry.
Try them with roast chicken and salad instead of roast potatoes and vegetables. Sprinkle them with paprika and cayenne pepper to make them spicy if you like.
Sweet Potato Wedges: Serves 3 as a side dish:
Time: 10 mins hands on time + 30 mins cooking time
Cost: 40p per serving
Calories: 327 per serving
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (around 750g in weight)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Good pinch of paprika and cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt to season (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C / gas mark 6.
- Give the sweet potatoes a good scrub, no need to peel them, just cut off any scanky bits. Cut the potatoes into roughly 8 wedges each.
- Toss the wedges in the oil until evenly coated and then sprinkle with the spices if you like. Season with a few pinches of salt if you like.
- Arrange the wedges on a baking sheet skin side down and bake for 30 minutes until golden and tender. Give the tray a shake 3 - 4 times during the cooking to ensure even browning.
More easy budget recipes