Easy Roast Leg of Lamb with Garlic & Rosemary
If you have never made roast lamb before, try this easy recipe for roast lamb leg with garlic and rosemary. It's easy to prepare and perfect for a special occasion. Serve with roast potatoes, your favourite vegetables and gravy.
Easy Roast Leg of Lamb with Garlic & Rosemary: Serves 6-8:
Time: 10 minutes prep + up to 2 hours roasting
Cost: £3.20 per serving *
Calories: 400 per serving *
* based on 8 people sharing a 2.5 kg joint
- 1 leg of lamb, around 2.5 kg
- Few springs rosemary
- 1 bulb of garlic
- Rock salt
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / gas mark 5.
- Peel the garlic cloves and slice each one in half. Take a shallow roasting tray, pour in a little olive oil and place on top of that a few sprigs of rosemary. Sit the lamb on top of the rosemary
- Make slits in the lamb all over with a sharp knife all the way to the bone. Insert a piece of garlic or a sprig of rosemary in each hole (see picture below).
- Sprinkle the lamb well with rock salt. Cover with foil and roast the lamb for 1 1/2 hours for medium, or 1 3/4 - 2 hours for well done. Turn the lamb once half way through cooking.
- When the lamb is cooked, it take out of the tray and place it on a carving board. Cover with a warm damp tea towel followed by a sheet of foil. Leave the lamb to rest for around 30 minutes before carving and serving.
Read more easy budget recipes