Roasted New Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary
Roasting little new potatoes in their skins in the easiest, and I think one of the tastiest ways of roasting potatoes. All the vitamins are stored just under the skin so by peeling them you miss out on all that goodness. The skin also adds loads of flavour, as does the garlic and rosemary.
I use baby new potatoes as they are the perfectly bite-sized, but new potatoes cut in half work just as well. Dried rosemary is also a fine substitute for fresh.
Enjoy these roast potatoes with roast chicken and salad - one of the simpliest and tastiest meals around.
Roasted New Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary: Serves 4
Time: 5 mins prep + 20 - 30 mins cooking
Cost: 41p per serving
Calories: 253 per serving
- 1kg baby new potatoes (or new potatoes cut in half)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 bulb of garlic
- Few sprigs of rosemary (or 1 teaspoon of dried)
- Sea salt to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 C / gas mark 7. Separate the garlic cloves and give each one a quick bash (or crush with the palm of your hand) without removing the skin.
- Wash the potatoes and rub them dry with a tea towel. Remove any blemishes with a sharp knife. Combine the oil and the potatoes ensuring they are all well covered with oil.
- Put the potatoes one layer thick into a large roasting tray. add the garlic and rosemary sprigs. Roast for 20 - 30 minutes until evenly brown and tender. For best results shake the tray every 10 minutes to ensure even browning.
More Easy Budget Recipes