Raspberry & White Chocolate Muffins
Raspberry & White Chocolate Muffins are so quick and easy to make but taste like a real treat. Frozen raspberries are ideal for this recipe because they are less likely to break up when they are mixed into the muffin batter. Bashed up white chocolate buttons make a great substitute for chocolate chips.
You could try different combinations of berries and chocolate such as blackberries and milk chocolate, or blueberries and dark chocolate. This recipe is dedicated to my very special chum and yummy mummy Laura Harrison who is an enormous encouragement to me and also kindly helped me test this recipe.
Raspberry & White Chocolate Muffins: Makes 12 Muffins:
Time:10 mins prep time + 25 mins baking time
Cost: 14p per serving
Calories:223 per serving
- 325g self raising flour
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200ml milk
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100ml vegetable or sunflower oil
- 100g frozen raspberries
- 75g white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / gas mark 6. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in a jug. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients, pour in the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Don't over mix - a few lumps won't matter.
- Add the chocolate and raspberries and carefully mix in being careful not to break up the fruit. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for around 25 minutes until golden and cooked through. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Read more easy budget recipes