Sticky Leftover Turkey Stir Fry with Cashews
Here's a fantastic and very easy recipe for leftover turkey, a simple stir fry with noodles ready in 15 minutes. It makes a nice change after a heavy roast, and if you have any cashews or peanuts then you can throw them in as well. Happy Boxing Day.
Sticky Ginger Leftover Turkey with Noodles
- Makes: 2 servings
- Time: 10 mins prep + 5 mins cooking
- Cost: £1.43 per serving*
- Calories: 522 per serving*
- 2 x blocks medium dried egg noodles (which cook in 4 minutes)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 150g leftover turkey, shredded
- 30g unsalted peanuts or cashews
- Handful of sliced peppers or other vegetables (optional)
- Spring onions to garnish (optional)
- Place the noodles in a pan of boiling water and simmer for four minutes until cooked.
- While the noodles are cooking, add the ginger, garlic, honey, soy sauce and water to another large frying pan or wok. Stir over a medium heat for half a minute until smooth.
- Add the turkey, nuts and peppers (if using) to the sauce and stir fry over a medium-high heat for around 3 minutes until the turkey has heated through.
- Drain the cooked noodles and add them to the rest of the ingredients. Give everything a really good stir over a high heat so the noodles are coated with the sauce and start to crisp up a little. Serve garnished with sliced spring onions if desired.