Pan Fried Brussel Sprouts with Chorizo
I'm not a huge brussel sprout fan, but I do enjoy them cooked like this. Fresh brussel sprouts pan fried with a little chorizo, garlic and paprika makes them taste completely delicious.
Chorizo is great with roast turkey. Leave out the chorizo and add a little more paprika for a veggie version.
Recipe - Pan Fried Brussel Sprouts with Chorizo
- Time: 15-20 mins start to finish
- Cost: 25p per serving (based on 6 servings)
- Calories: 84 per serving (based on 6 servings)
- 50g chorizo, thinly sliced or cut into matchsticks
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g fresh brussel sprouts, peeled and halved (peeled weight)
- Good pinch of smoked paprika (optional)
- In a large cold frying pan, fry off the chorizo slowly over a medium heat. Remove the chorizo from the pan and place on kitchen roll to absorb the excess fat.
- Heat the oil in the pan and add the garlic, cooking it for 1 minute until slightly soft. Add the brussel sprouts and paprika and stir fry over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes until the brussel sprouts are soft but they still have a little bite.
- Stir the cooked chorizo through the cooked brussel sprouts. Transfer to a serving dish and keep warm until ready to serve.