Cranberry and Orange Biscotti
Here's a Christmassy twist on Biscotti - Cranberry and Orange Biscotti. They are very easy to make but look impressive enough to give away as home made Christmas gifts in cellophane bags. Drizzle with a little dark chocolate to make them extra special.
Cranberry and Orange Biscotti: Makes 20 - 24 biscuits
- Time: 15 mins+ 40 mins baking
- Cost: 7p per serving*
- Calories: 73 per serving*
*Based on 22 servings without dark chocolate
- 2 medium eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 250g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Zest of 1 orange
- 50g dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 40g dark chocolate for drizzling (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C / 160 fan / gas mark 4.
- Line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, orange zest and cranberries.
- Mix everything together to make a soft dough. If it's a little sticky then add a little more flour.
- Tip the biscotti dough onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a rough rectangle shape approximately 25cm x 10cm in size, and 3cm thick. Pop onto the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature of the oven to 160 C / 140 fan / gas mark 3.
- Slide the part-baked biscotti onto a chopping board and cut into 20 - 24 slices approximately 1cm thick. Return to the baking sheet, cut-sides up and bake for around 10 minutes until crisp. Cool on a wire rack.
- To make the chocolate topping: Put the chocolate into the corner of a food bag and put the corner of the food bag into a mug of very hot water to melt it. Take it out and give the chocolate a squish every minute or so to help it melt. Snip the corner of the food bag to make a little piping bag and use it to drizzle the chocolate over one side of the biscotti. Leave to harden.