Chocolate Brownie Cake
This recipe for Chocolate Brownie Cake is a bit naughty but perfect for a birthday or a yummy dinner party desert. Its really easy to make, tastes delicious but looks delightful. I love to cram it with flaked almonds and serve it warm with ice-cream.
Easy Chocolate Brownie Cake: Serves 12:
Time: 15 mins prep + 20 - 30 mins cooking
Cost: 28p per serving*
Calories: 272 per serving*
*Based on 12 servings
- 175g butter or margarine
- 175g plain chocolate
- 200g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 70g plain flour
- 60g chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Icing sugar to dust and extra nuts to decorate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / gas 4. Lightly oil a springform cake tin. Insert a layer of grease proof paper in the bottom of the tin if you have some as it will help it not to stick.
- Place the butter, sugar and chocolate in a pan. Melt over a low heat until it is smooth. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Break the eggs into the bowl and whisk thoroughly until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla essence and mix again.
- Stir the melted butter, sugar and chocolate mix into the eggs. Mix thoroughly until well combined. Add the flour and mix again. Finally add the nuts.
- Pour the mixture into the greased tin. Bake for 20 - 30 minutes until a knife just comes out clean. DO NOT over bake or it will become dry.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Decorate with nuts and icing sugar if you wish before cutting into wedges and serving.
Read more easy budget recipes