Chocolate Brownie Cake
This is my go to recipe for chocolate brownie cake. It's simple, and will give you the most delicious brownie cake with a gooey centre and a chewy crust. It's ridiculously easy and foolproof, and it's all made in the same pan, so less washing up.
Mascarpone and raspberries make this chocolate brownie cake extra special. I also like to sometimes add loads of nuts and serve it warm with ice cream.
Easy Chocolate Brownie Cake Recipe
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Baking time: 25 minutes
- Makes: 8-12 slices
- 175g butter
- 175g plain chocolate
- 200g sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 75g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 160 fan / gas 4.
- Line a 20 cm round baking tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a large pan and melt over a low heat stirring all the time until smooth and combined. Remove from the hob
- Add the sugar to the pan along with the vanilla and salt. Use a whisk to mix well. Leave to cool slightly leaving the whisk in the pan.
- Crack the eggs directly into the pan and whisk in the eggs until the mixture is smooth. Finally add the flour and whisk again until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin using a rubber spatular to scrape all the mixture out of the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove cake from oven, place it on a surface and then shake the tin. If it's still wobbly return to the oven for another 5 minutes. Do not over bake - the cake should be set but not dry.
- Leave to cool completely in the tin before removing and slicing.. Re-heat in the microwave to serve if you wish.