Superfood Bircher Muesli Recipe & Giveaway #WakeUpToOrganic
Low in fat and high in fibre, oats release their energy slowly and keeping you fuller for longer. Porridge in winter, overnight oats in summer and blended oat smoothies for brekkie on the run - oats feature most mornings for me.
I have recently had a break from my overnight oats in favour of this delicious organic Superfood Bircher Muesli, made with Flahavan’s Irish organic porridge oats. I found it on the 'Wake Up To Organic' website which hopes to encourage more people to try organic food for breakfast. Scroll right down for the recipe.
5 reasons to buy organic:
- Better for nature: Organic farming works with the environment as it uses fewer pesticides. It’s a way of farming that protects and encourages wildlife whilst looking after the health of the soil.
- Better for the planet. Organic farms use fewer pesticides and support up to 50% more wildlife.
- Better for animal welfare. Organic means free-range. Organic standards insist that animals are given plenty of space and fresh air to thrive and grow more naturally.
- Know what’s in your food. When it comes to organic, you know exactly what’s in your food. GM crops and ingredients are banned in organic farming.
- It’s tasty. Organic farmers rely on developing a healthy, fertile soil to grow a mixture of crops that are bursting with flavour – so foods taste great!
Win an organic breakfast hamper worth over £30!
The Organic Trade Board, Infinity Foods and some of the UK’s top organic brands have given me not one but TWO of these lovely organic breakfast hampers packed full of gorgeous breakfast goodies worth over £30 to give away!
Hamper contains: 2 varieties of Infinity Foods Muesli * Pukka tea – 1 herbal collection and 1 green collection * Plenish hazelnut milk carton * Pip Organic cloudy apple juice * Pip Organic pineapple and mango Smoothie * Meridian strawberry jam * Meridian blackcurrant jam * Clipper organic Latin America instant coffee * 2 Rebel Kitchen Coffee Mylks
How to enter:
1. Leave a comment with your favourite oaty breakfast.
2. Enter using the Rafflecopter widget below.
3. Competition will close and winner chosen on Monday 31st July.
Flahavan’s Superfood Bircher Muesli
- 160g Flahavan’s Organic Irish Porridge Oats
- 80g quinoa flakes
- 1 large apple, grated with skin on
- 60g shredded coconut
- 60g dried goji berries
- 60g almonds, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 580ml coconut water
- Sprinkle of pomegranate seeds
- Sprinkle of chia seeds
- Combine Flahavan’s Organic Irish Porridge Oats, quinoa, apple, shredded coconut, goji berries, nuts and spices together in a bowl.
- Add the agave syrup and coconut water, then stir well.
- Cover and leave overnight.
- In the morning, remove the Superfood Bircher from the fridge and top with pomegranate seeds and chia seeds.
Terms and Conditions: This giveaway is open to all readers over 18 with a UK postal address. The winner will be chosen via Rafflecopter using an online randomiser. Competition is on behalf of Wake Up To Organic who will send the prize. The winner will be contacted by e-mail. The winner must respond within 3 days or another winner may be chosen.