Sticky Honey Soy Turkey
We're really big on turkey in our house and eat it at least once a week. Apart from being inexpesive, it's very low in fat, high in protein and packed with vitamins and minerals. Check out British Turkey for more easy turkey meal ideas.
This is a really speedy easy recipe so ideal for a midweek dinner - and it's only 450 calories! It's simply turkey and green beans in a sauce made from a few store cupboard ingredients. Swap the green beans for any vegetables you like and add some chilli if you like it hot.
My kids really enjoyed this dish as well, I guess the sweet honey in the sauce helped. We serve it with plain rice, it worked well as the sauce has lots of flavour. Noodles would work well too, or for lunch the following day, served in a wrap.
Sticky Honey Soy Turkey: Serves 4:
Time: 20 minutes start to finish
Cost: £1.23 per serving*
Calories: 450 per serving*
*based on 4 sharing with rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 420g turkey steaks, cut into 1cm strips against the grain of the meat
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- Roughly 250g green beans, cooked (frozen or fresh)
- 300g cooked rice to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the turkey strips for 4-5 minutes until golden and cooked through. Removed from the pan and keep warm.
- Add a tiny splash of oil in the pan and add the garlic and ginger. Cook for around 1 minute stirring frequently so it's cooked and soft but not brown or burned.
- Add the honey and soy sauce to the pan and stir well over a medium heat. Simmer gently for around 2 minutes so it reduces slightly.
- Return the turkey to the pan and mix it well so it's all coated with the sauce. Add a splash of hot water if you think it's too dry. Finally stir through the green beans (just to heat them through) and serve with rice.
More easy budget recipe
This is a sponsored post.