Spicy Grilled Pineapple
Spicy Grilled Pineapple is a delicious, quick, easy and healthy dessert option. Think warm juicy pineapple encased in a spicy sugar crust. It's a great recipe idea for a pineapple which is a little sour to eat raw. The pineapples can be cooked under a hot grill or on a BBQ in the summer. Leave the stalky bits on the end of the pineapple to make it look pretty, or peel it completely if you want to eat it more quickly.
Spicy Grilled Pineapple:
- Makes: 4 servings (one quarter of a pineapple per person)
- Time: 10-15 mins prep + 5 mins grilling
- Cost: 29p per serving (when pineapples are in season)
- Calories: 245 per serving
- 1 large pineapple
- 2 tablespoons demerara sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Slice the pineapple into 8 wedges from the top to the bottom. This can be tricky so use a large knife but watch your fingers.
- Slice the core away from each of the wedges. Leave the green part attached to make it look pretty if you like.
- Mix the sugar and spice together and sprinkle all over the wedges. Pop under a hot grill or on a BBQ for 5 minutes until golden and bubbling.