Phil Vickery's Fragrant Turkey Pho
If you're a fan of Tom Yum and other Asian broths, you must try Phil Vickery's Fragrant Turkey Pho. It is light, summery and super healthy but will leave you feeling satisfied. It's bursting with flavour and the turkey is so tender and juicy. I really love this recipe.
The reason I know it's so good is because I had the great pleasure of cooking it alongside Phil for this video for British Turkey. I'm absolutely crazy about his Gruyere Stuffed Turkey Burgers and this recipe is just as good. After we finished filming this recipe it was lunchtime and we were allowed to eat it. It didn't hang around. Don't be scared of fish sauce, it smells vile but you can't taste it at all in the Pho.
Phil Vickery's Fragrant Turkey Pho: Serves 4:
Time: 15 minutes
Cost: £1.82 per serving
Calories: 336 per serving
- 1 litre strong homemade chicken or turkey stock. (or use 3-4 chicken stock cubes)
- 8 salad onions, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 small fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 British turkey breast steaks (about 350g)
- 200g rice vermicelli
- 200g beansprouts
- 1 small bunch coriander
- 1 small bunch Thai fresh basil or normal basil
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- Juice 2 large limes
- Soy sauce, to season
- Place the stock (or water and cubes) into a large saucepan and heat until just simmering.
- Next add the onions, chilli, garlic, fish sauce and sugar and a little salt and pepper and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the turkey into very thin strips and add to the stock. The turkey will cook almost straight away, and stir well.
- Add the noodles and beansprouts and bring back to the simmer and turn off.
- Roughly chop the herbs and add to the Pho along with the juice from the lime and serve straight away.
- You can serve a little soy sauce with the Pho if you want along with extra lime, herbs and even more chilli.
More easy budget recipes
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. Words and opinions (but not recipe, picture or video content) are my own.