Team Honk 2014 Relay for Sport Relief
Team work makes the dream work. Especially when that dream is a 3000 mile person to person relay from Lands End to John O'Groats in aid of Sport Relief!
On Thursday February 6th, the baton will be passed to Fleet TeamHonk, consisting of Tanya from Mummy Barrow, Charly from PODCastDove, Laura from Lady Briggs, Suzanne from 3ChildrenandIt and myself. Part of this team, including myself, will be cycling from Wokingham to Reading by bike, dressed in dodgy 80's gear and wigs kindly donated by Jokers' Masquerade.
If you would like to sponsor Fleet TeamHonk specifically (all the money goes to sport relief anyway) we would be so very happy. You can find our fundraising page here. Here's where your money will go:
- £1 could provide a hot meal for a child in the UK living in extreme poverty.
- £5 could pay for a mosquito net to protect a mother and her baby in Africa from contracting malaria while they sleep.
- £10 could enable an older person in the UK who just lost someone they love to attend a group activity.
- £25 could run a sports session for disabled children in the UK, giving them the chance to play with other young people.
- £100 could feed 200 children living on the streets in India for one day.
The first ever Sainsbury's Sport Relief Games take place from Friday 21st to Sunday 23rd March 2014. The public can join the fun and games by running, swimming or cycling their way to raising cash at over a thousand venues around the country, including the landmark events at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
As one of the biggest rundraising events, Sport Relief brings the entire nation together to get active, raise cash and change lives. The money raised by the public is spent by Comic Relief to help transform the lives of some of the poorest and most disadvantaged people both at home in the UK and across the world.