Roast Butternut Squash & Feta Salad is my favourite veggie salad. The combination of sweet roast butternut squash and salty feta is incredible. If you have a bag of salad and some leftover roast butternut squash from another meal you can have a delicious meal in minutes. Roast sweet potato also works well in the place of butternut squash.
I have to give credit to my friend Yomi for this recipe. She had it for her packed lunch at work (I know, great packed lunch) and after I tried some I thought it was too good not to share. She also takes credit for the Banana Flapjacks recipe (I know, great friend).
Roast Butternut Squash & Feta Salad: Serves 4:
Time: 10 mins hands on time + 20 mins roasting time
Cost: 95p per serving
Calories: 368 per serving (not including dressing)
- Large butternut squash (around 1kg)
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges (optional)
- 1 large bag of mixed leaves (watercress, rocket, spinach)
- 200g feta cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Olive oil & balsamic vinegar for dressing
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / gas mark 6.
- Cut the butternut squash into bite size cubes (around 1-2cm) removing the seeds and toss in olive oil. Place on an oiled baking sheet along with the red onion wedges. Sprinkle with dried sage and roast for around 20 minutes until tender.
- Leave the roast butternut squash and onion to cool for around 5 minutes before combining with the salad leaves and feta. Top with pine nuts and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar (if you like) before serving.
More Easy Budget Recipes