Peaches and Cream Ice Lollies
Peaches and cream ice lollies are easy to make with only tinned peaches and Greek yoghurt. They are wonderfully creamy and naturally sweet but contain just 47 calories each. Like rhubarb, ginger and custard ice lollies, they make a great post BBQ dessert.
My kids loved helping me to make these peaches and cream ice lollies. They loved eating them too. I find that my kids eat loads of ice lollies in the summer holidays, so it feels good to give them a healthy homemade treat.
Tinned peaches work like a charm in these ice lollies as they are cheaper, quicker and easier to prepare than fresh. I did not add any extra sugar when I made these ice lollies as I found they were sweet enough, but if you find them too sharp just add a little caster sugar.
Peaches and Cream Ice Lollies:
- Makes: 6
- Time: 5 minutes prep + freezing time
- Cost: 12p per lolly
- Calories: 47 per lolly
*using a 6 x 75g lolly mould and tinned peaches without sugar
- 225g tinned peaches, drained (or ripe fresh peaches, peeled and stoned)
- 225g Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar to sweeten (optional)
- Blend the peaches until smooth. Stir through the Greek yoghurt (do not blend the yoghurt as it changes it's consistency. Have a taste and sweeten with a little caster sugar if needed.
- Fill 6 ice lolly moulds with the ice lolly mixture and freeze for 8-10 hours until solid. Remove ice lollies from the mould and serve.