Egg & Dairy Free Vegan Banana Bread
Here's my go to recipe for Banana Bread. It's super quick and easy and as the bananas magically bind everything together there's no need for eggs. Plus it uses oil instead of butter, which makes this a vegan banana bread recipe.
I make this banana bread for my littlest nephew who is banana crazy. You'll need four soft brown bananas for this recipe - I pop any over ripe bananas in the freezer and defrost them when I need them. if you only have two bananas try these banana and walnut muffins instead.
Egg & Dairy Free Vegan Banana Bread Recipe
- 4 over-ripe bananas
- 100ml vegetable oil (plus extra for greasing)
- 115g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Around 4 tbsp soya milk, milk or water
- 75g chopped walnuts (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C / 160 fan / gas mark 4.
- Grease a 1 litre / 2lb size loaf tin with a little oil (or use a greaseproof liner).
- Place the bananas in a large bowl and mash throughly.
- Add the oil, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix throughly.
- Sieve the flour together with the baking powder over the mixture and fold together until well combined.
- Add enough milk or water to loosen the batter enough for it to just fall off a spoon when held over a bowl.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for around 1 hour until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from tin and leave to cool on a wire rack. Wrap with clingfilm or store in an airtight container. Will keep for up to two days at room temperature or up to five days in the fridge.